Back-story: So I am a Vegan and before that a Vegetarian but once when I was little I had tried a simple Nacho Cheese Dip out at an amusement park. I had no idea what it was honestly, what was in it. Seeing how animals suffered I decided to be a Vegetarian when I was 11 years old. Then slowly as I grew I stopped eating certain foods and eventually I became a full blown Vegan in 2010. So I wanted to make a plain Nacho Cheese Chip, but Vegan. There were no recipe’s on the internet for just plain Cheese Dip or Nacho Cheese Dip, Veganized, going the easy route. They all had complicated ingredients like Nutritional Yeast and Cashews, both of which are really good. But I saw a Recipe somewhere using Daiya Cheese Shreds, Coconut Milk Unsweetened and a type of Salsa from Trader Joe’s to make Queso. But I don’t like Queso, I wanted just plain Cheese Dip/Nacho Cheese Dip. So I basically changed that recipe and made it into my own and tried it as my own. Not thinking it would work. And guess what? It freaking worked! And the Vegan Nacho Daiya Cheese Dip was Amazing & Delicious!!
How To Make It:
2 or 3 : Packages of Daiya Cheddar Cheese Wedges
1-1/2 Cup - Unsweetened Soy Milk
1. Cut up the Cheddar Daiya Wedges, and place in a medium to large sized Pot.
2. Add the 1-1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Soy Milk to the Pot over the Daiya Cheese Squares that you just cut with a knife.
3. Place the Pot on the Front or Back Burner on the Stove turn it on to Medium Heat.
4. Stir the mixture with a whisk as it works best as the Daiya cheese melts. Continuously stir with the Whisk constantly until you notice that the blocks are becoming a liquid consistency.
5. Once the Consistency is more liquid like turn the Heat down to Low Heat. But continue too use the Whisk to “Stir” the mixture. You will be stirring with the Whisk for a long while.
6. Once you notice all the bumps and all the cheese blocks are melted down, if the cheese dip is too your consistency then turn of the heat. Whisk it for a Minute while it’s off the Stove and then let it sit for 30 seconds.
7. Pour the cheese mixture into a bowl onto a plate, wherever you’d like. It’s finished!
Honestly this Daiya Cheese Dip I made tasted just like Nacho Cheese Dip I tasted back then and also tasted like Nacho Cheese dip from the Lunchables, because I couldn’t eat it all in one night so I put some in the Fridge and wanted to try it cold. Goodness it tasted just like Lunchables Nachos cheese dip! So good!
I am so glad I tried this. Came up with this. I am sure others have in just experimenting. But goodness I spent weeks trying to find just a plain Nacho Cheese Vegan Recipe, with Daiya cheese. But I couldn’t find a thing. All I could find was recipes with Salsa, ew. Or Recipes that were complicated with many many ingredients. But this one is fairly easy, which I love. And it’s delicious.
All you need to dip into the Cheese is:
Anything you like or want to dip into it.